The following examples (1-5 or more) will require ongoing review. As Brooklyn northwest coast begins to develop we expect it to reveal a new public realm in a receding industrial waterfront.
Community pressure produced a demand for inclusionary housing bonuses to exact 20% to 30% of the units as affordable in Brooklyn and opened the gate for the first expansion of the General Exclusion Area formally known as the Manhattan Exclusion Zone. (Note: all maps are by Jason Lee for New York Magazine)
- The Edge: Stephen B. Jacobs; master plan by FXFOWLE and TEN Arquitectos, September 2008 (view NYC Construction Top Projects pdf: here) Scaled back from 1.5 million to 1…. what else?
- Palmer’s Dock: FXFOWLE, phase one, 2008; phase two, 2009 (Impact of tax credits on design discussion in Journal of Tax Credits pdf article: here
- North 8: Greenberg Farrow Architecture, spring 2007
- Domino Sugar Site: Rafael ViÃ±oly Architects, no completion date. The story at this link must be a hoax: Hoax?
- Schaefer Landing: Karl Fischer Architects, 2006
local blogs on the above… whatever….
odd there has been so little on one of the most polluted waterfronts in NYC’s history….